AlloCare Transplant Festival from CareDx Connects Organ Transplant Recipients Across the Country
CareDx recently hosted the AlloCare Transplant Festival, which was a virtual celebration to honor the transplant community and foster deeper connections among the extraordinary individuals and societies that make up the community. Featuring organ transplant recipients, living donors, caregivers, celebrities and more than 25 transplant societies and advocacy organizations, the festival promoted learning, community and resources available for transplant recipients to help manage their health.
The festival marked the official launch of the AlloCare mobile app, a patient-centric resource for transplant recipients to manage medication adherence and track important health metrics like blood pressure, fluids and daily activity. The app also helps patients bring some simplicity to a complex care regimen needed to maintain their health post-transplant.
Other highlights included:
- A trivia challenge hosted by actress and living donor Amanda Nicastro
- Live performance by Angelica Hale, 2017 runner-up on America’s Got Talent and kidney transplant recipient
- Talent show, recipe and transplant story contests
- Transplant patient and expert panels, where experiences, stories and tips were shared
- Athlete panel made up of retired professional athletes who are all transplant recipients
Prior to the event Sean Elliott, former NBA All-Star and San Antonio Spur, commented that “the transplant community is extremely passionate and powerful, and I’m honored to be participating in the AlloCare Transplant Festival, which also happens to coincide with my 21-year transplant anniversary,” he said. “This event allows me to take a proactive role in providing support, hope, and guidance to improve the health and well-being of individuals and families who share similar transplant experiences.”
If you missed the Festival, you can watch it on-demand at www.caredx.com/transplantfestival.