Heart Healthy Slow Cooker Turkey Vegetable Soup
Crockpots are great for slow cooking soups and stews, and this heart healthy turkey vegetable soup is no exception! Vegetables and beans add color and flavor to this hearty comfort food. This recipe is easy to make, healthy and best of all, makes very little mess and uses only one pot to cook!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
Total: 8 hours, 5 minutes
- 1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
- 3 large carrots, sliced crosswise into rounds
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 15.5-ounce can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- Place all the ingredients into your slow cooker, stir to combine, while making sure to break up the turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours and then enjoy!
Portions: Makes 6 2-cup servings
This recipe may be suitable for those on renal diets, CKD non-dialysis, diabetes, dialysis patients, high blood pressure, heart disease.