Stuffed Cabbage (Low Sodium)
Cabbage is a healthy staple of any feast.
Prepare this unique, delicious, and healthy Stuffed Cabbage (Low Sodium) recipe that comes from Cynthia Snyder of Chuluota, Florida. Recipe Details:
- In a large pot or crock pot, place cabbage rolls up
- Use 1 full bottle of catsup (Cynthia uses a low-sodium, natural, or low-sugar catsup)
- Cynthia also pours a large 2-liter bottle of Vernon’s Diet Ginger Ale
- 2-3 small boxes of raisins
- Several slices of ginger
- 1-2 gloves of garlic
- 1-2 small boiled onions
- 1 head of cabbage, partially steamed to get large leaves off into which you can roll up meat
- 1 lb of 88/12 lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bag of regular sauerkraut
- Chop up onion and garlic and mix in the 88/12 lean ground beef.
- Add rice to ground beef mixture and form into sausage shape/meatballs.
- Place one meatball into cabbage leaf and roll them up—should get 9-12.
- Place into pot.
- Add raisins, small onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour in liquid ingredients.
- Shred up or chop up remaining cabbage, and put on top.
- Add sauerkraut on top.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat to simmer, cook for 4 hours. (If you are using a Crockpot, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.)